Thread: SC2 Modding

SC2 Modding

I would love for someone to step forward and take the reigns of our SC2 Modding effort. I personally no longer work on SC2 custom maps, but I would love for someone that is truly interested to take a leadership role within our community in regards to modding for SC. The 1.5 patch significantly improved the environment for custom games, and alot of mappers left. This leaves an advantageous void in map makers and communities supporting them, we could help with that if we are interested.

The ideal person would be capable of helping answer questions, personable enough to recruit new projects and mappers, and be interested in SC2 modding. I'm looking for someone passionate about growing the art.

What will this person get?

I'm willing to move heaven and earth to support someone who leads this effort in earnest, up to and including profit sharing, part ownership, etc. This would be a large effort, taking no less than an hour a day of your time. It's not easy work, but you would be the boss.

Thoughts? Is this even something we should be talking about again?

We trust our ba_bot admins. We trust that they know how to ban and how to interpret the rules. A ba_bot admin understanding the intent of ba_bot's implementation and use is more important than rule enforcement.

There can be only one.. PunWisp's Avatar

Re: SC2 Modding

Quote Originally Posted by Malpheus View Post
    I would love for someone to step forward and take the reigns of our SC2 Modding effort. I personally no longer work on SC2 custom maps, but I would love for someone that is truly interested to take a leadership role within our community in regards to modding for SC. The 1.5 patch significantly improved the environment for custom games, and alot of mappers left. This leaves an advantageous void in map makers and communities supporting them, we could help with that if we are interested.

The ideal person would be capable of helping answer questions, personable enough to recruit new projects and mappers, and be interested in SC2 modding. I'm looking for someone passionate about growing the art.

What will this person get?

I'm willing to move heaven and earth to support someone who leads this effort in earnest, up to and including profit sharing, part ownership, etc. This would be a large effort, taking no less than an hour a day of your time. It's not easy work, but you would be the boss.

Thoughts? Is this even something we should be talking about again?
    It is something we should be talking about again. Its the only other way to really grow the community.

Look at all the interest, how will I choose!

We trust our ba_bot admins. We trust that they know how to ban and how to interpret the rules. A ba_bot admin understanding the intent of ba_bot's implementation and use is more important than rule enforcement.

Sponsored Artisan Slashinghardest's Avatar

Honestly I was super excited to play my first sc game and the how low quality the game was when I tried killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malpheus View Post
    Look at all the interest, how will I choose!
    When my job ends next week, I will start up my mapping interest again, and start browsing the SC2 community for more mappers and projects, and so forth and try to get things rolling again around here. I am currently working a lot more hours since this is my final stretch until the job ends. Until then I won't be doing very much around here or anything. Too tired when i get home, including since I gave up my days off xD.

I have tons of interest, I just currently don't have any time. However as I said, that will change, around hmm 4-5 days I think? Though before I start, we need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by PunWisp View Post
    When my job ends next week, I will start up my mapping interest again, and start browsing the SC2 community for more mappers and projects, and so forth and try to get things rolling again around here. I am currently working a lot more hours since this is my final stretch until the job ends. Until then I won't be doing very much around here or anything. Too tired when i get home, including since I gave up my days off xD.

I have tons of interest, I just currently don't have any time. However as I said, that will change, around hmm 4-5 days I think? Though before I start, we need to talk.
    I am sure that there are also a lot of people with lower/lesser known maps to be hosted here :D.

I would do it but two reasons hold me back
    1. School, BS
    2. I don't know anything about sc2 modding :D
    Name: Special Agent Fox Mulder
    Department: The X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ba_Komodo123 View Post
    I am sure that there are also a lot of people with lower/lesser known maps to be hosted here :D.

I would do it but two reasons hold me back
    1. School, BS
    2. I don't know anything about sc2 modding :D
    Oh of course, and that is a easy way to start, just gather up all the small time modders with small projects, then as we pile up a bunch of hosted projects, it will be much easier to bring in bigger projects, and the more bigger projects, the more we can offer, the more activity, and just overall more shiz.

We can do alot, but if the map is on the first three pages of popularity we would give them a URL most likely. I'm not opposed to doing ALOT more than the other sites out there. We'd just need to find em and get em here.

We need to be able to offer them various benefits also, they benefits us and them. 2 things right off the bat is vent & advertising on reddit. We give them a channel and make them mod of it, and advertise updates for there maps through edit, that link directly to our site/there section.

Quote Originally Posted by PunWisp View Post
    We need to be able to offer them various benefits also, they benefits us and them. 2 things right off the bat is vent & advertising on reddit. We give them a channel and make them mod of it, and advertise updates for there maps through edit, that link directly to our site/there section.
    I think basic benefits (in addition to yours) to having a site host your SC2 map:
    (obviously not a complete list.. just some thoughts)

1. Possibility of starting a "mini" community based around their map
    2. Place to put patch notes, and collect complaints I.E. better map in the long run
    3. Place to put tournaments... Especially if there is like a small 3v3ish type map, people can be in teams. (I have been looking on vbulletin.org and there are some badass ladder mods that would make hosting a tourny look sexy.)

Also it would be up to yall but maybe like a place for "specific donations". In other words if I like 12 Kingdoms, I can donate $$ to the maker of that map specifically.

Then like I think something that PunWisp is talkin about, special privledges over a particular section of the forum?

Dunno. Ill keep brainstorming :D
    Name: Special Agent Fox Mulder
    Department: The X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo123 View Post
    I think basic benefits (in addition to yours) to having a site host your SC2 map:
    (obviously not a complete list.. just some thoughts)

1. Possibility of starting a "mini" community based around their map
    2. Place to put patch notes, and collect complaints I.E. better map in the long run
    3. Place to put tournaments... Especially if there is like a small 3v3ish type map, people can be in teams. (I have been looking on vbulletin.org and there are some badass ladder mods that would make hosting a tourny look sexy.)

Also it would be up to yall but maybe like a place for "specific donations". In other words if I like 12 Kingdoms, I can donate $$ to the maker of that map specifically.

Then like I think something that PunWisp is talkin about, special privledges over a particular section of the forum?

Dunno. Ill keep brainstorming :D
    -Mini communities are automatically formed around popular maps
    -Patch notes/tournaments and such would go in there section
    -Donations are finicky, not a whole lot want to give out money. Plus it could change the motivation of the mapper. From simply having fun/enjoying making a map for fans to doing it for the money. Could make bad habits.

Facebook Comments